Do I qualify for TMS Therapy
- Primary Diagnosis of Major Depressive Disorder
- Attempted a minimum of 2 anti-depressant medication
- Attempted talk therapy
- Persistent Depression
Call us directly to schedule consultation for TMS at: 412-668-4444
Major Depression is a Brain Disease
Just as diabetes is a disorder of the pancreas, Depression is a brain based disorder which may improve with brain based solutions such as TMS
How it works
Electronical currents flowing through a stimulating coil generate MRI-strength magnetic field pulses that affect electrochemical signaling between neurons in the brain:
- Cortical neurons depolarize and
- Neural networks are activated.
Through repetitive stimulation over time:
- Neuroplastic neurocircuit “strengthening”
- Subsequent relief of depressive symptoms.
TMS has fewer side effects than both medication and ECT.
Side effects o TMS are generally tolerable and most commonly consist of scalp discomfort and/or mild headaches. There is a very rare risk of seizure that can occur.
Long-Term response and remission through TMS treatment.